Keshet is hiring Life Coaches for MY Life, Keshet's Residential home for adults. Life Coaches are responsible for the delivery of direct support services to MY Life residents in a manner that respects the residents' needs and enhances their independence and dignity within their environment.
REPORTS TO: Program Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide assistance, support and supervision in the learning of residential skills including cooking, menu planning, banking, laundry, grocery shopping, purchasing of personal items and clothing, housekeeping, personal hygiene, recreation and other appropriate skills related to increased independent living and life skills
- Maintain an environment in which relationships may develop and in which men and women are actively offered assistance with problems and concerns
- Maintain an environment in which the men and women are given opportunities for decision making
- Assist residents in the the planning of and participation in social, recreational and educational activities, both within the My Life facility and the greater community.
- Documents services provided to residents and resident progress as part of the evaluation system.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and other staff inservices as scheduled.
- Maintain consistency in all areas by continuing good communication systems with other staff by reading log books, administrative memos, staff meeting minutes
- Teach, mentor and help develop continued growth according to goals
- Light housekeeping of the common areas
- Provide information, reports and updates to parents or guardians on their resident on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Represent My Life at various meetings, events and collaborations
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to relate to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families
- Word processing, spreadsheet, database management and general computer capabilities
- Self directed, but willing to work in a team orientation setting
- Understands and demonstrates ethical behavior and practices
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to focus on resident needs--Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of residents to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Problem Solving--Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Adaptability--Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
CPR & First Aid
Valid Drive’s License
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Social Work, Education, Human Services, Sociology, Psychology or closely related area
- Minimum of two years professional experience in working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
Program Director of MY Life