Disability inclusion is a hot topic these days, but what do you do once your organization has committed to the idea of inclusion? That’s where Keshet’s Inspire Center steps in. We work hand-in-hand with organizations looking to better serve and include children, teens and adults with disabilities.
We recognize that each camp, school and synagogue is unique. Our team listens to your questions, takes time to understand your situation and then works with you on a developing a plan.
Past consultations have included:
- Working with directors to make camp more inclusive through consultation about staff training, financial models and policies and procedures.
- Evaluating and developing modifications to pre-camp registration, intake procedures and camper care plans.
- Coaching staff on strategies to facilitate peer to peer interaction and activity modifications.
- Analyzing test data to guide curriculum development.
- Developing plans and processes for creating a more inclusive environment.
- Assisting classroom teachers in how to differentiate curriculum.
- Providing recommendations to support inclusion through observation of children, classes and staff.
- Guiding synagogue leadership in developing plans and processes for creating a more inclusive environment.
- Evaluating educational curriculum to ensure it is accessible for all learners.